"RSG Tech Solutions-Increase in Productivity up to 10% using Export quality Gear Tools & Suggestions for Machine Health and process improvements by our Technical consultant"
Methodology for Productivity Improvement using 4M chart; specific to Gear Cutting & related operations
Results achieved for Productivity improvement by using 4M Techniques
1. Gear Hobbing/Shaping/Shaving Machine and fixture parameters ” correction as per checklist to improve efficiency and achieve Max. permissible speeds and feed rates. (Infeed, Vertical Tangential feed) Productivity improvement-10 %
2. Component set up change time reduction on Gear hobbing machine with ring loader.. From 12 hours to 4 hours..By kitting of ring loader hangers, machine change gears, and Hand tools.
3. Component set up change time reduction on Gear Shaving machine ..from 8 hours to 2 hours.. By preparation of templates and setting blocks for adjustments taking more time.
1. First Piece approval record-During component set-up change- Rework/Rejection reduction
2. Cross Functional Team members from Production, Maintenance and Quality; Why-why analysis for major rework, rejection on Driveshaft helical gear, Main shaft spline milling, Differential Hypoid gear patch mark and bevel gear warranty problem. Rejection reduction- 50%.
3. Rejection and heavy damage to Machine/Fixture during tool change/Set-up change- Meticulous activity chart to ensure proper torque application for tool, change gears and positioning of hob arbour support. Incidences reduced drastically.